09 Nov 15:00 - 11 Nov 12:00 - Daejeon
LOTTE City Hotels 롯데시티호텔
About Your Trip
On this VolunTour, for ages 8 years and older, to Daejeon, South Korea, team with WorldVentures Foundation™ and share your Heart to Serve at the Seongsimwon Childcare Facility. Spend the afternoon making a difference as you help clean and perform light maintenance at a home for children. You will also have the opportunity to interact with the children, which may help them learn English — a skill the country’s government strongly emphasizes, but few families can afford. You’ll also spend half of your 1st day delivering briquettes — blocks of compressed charcoal or coal dust — to senior adults to ensure they have enough fuel to stay warm throughout the winter.
At a Glance:
• The average South Korean household has US$18,000 in disposable income per year, and 15 percent of the population lives below the poverty line.
• Mounting sociological pressures in South Korea have left some children at risk of losing parental care, particularly those living in poor households or those born to single mothers. Since the end of the Korean War in 1953, South Korea has sent more children overseas for adoption than any other country in the world.
• Seongsimwon Childcare Facility originally opened in 1952 as a refuge for orphans from the Korean War, it now provides a safe space for children suffering from homelessness, abuse or abandonment.
Your VolunTour includes 3 days and 2 nights in Daejeon, South Korea, as well as:
• The opportunity to serve the children of Seongsimwon Childcare Facility.
• Donation for volunteer work, including briquettes.
• English-, Mandarin- or Korean-speaking guide.
• Transfers via private, air-conditioned bus.
• Complimentary, 24-hour Wi-Fi at the hotel.
• A local souvenir to commemorate your trip.
• 2 breakfasts, 1 lunch and 2 dinners.
• Applicable taxes.
• Gratuities at the hotel, and for your driver and guide.
Lotte City Hotel Daejeon is a high-rise hotel overlooking landmarks including the Expo Bridge and Gapcheon River, and is only a 4-minute walk from the closest subway.
• 1 restaurant and 1 lounge.
• Fitness center.
Standard Room accommodations with:
• 1 double or single beds.
• Maximum occupancy 3 adults, or 2 adults and 2 children (ages 8 years or older).
• Complimentary 24-hour Wi-Fi.
Check-in: 3 p.m.
Lotte City Hotel Daejeon
33 Expo-ro 123beon-gil
Yuseong-gu, Daejeon, South Korea