26 Jun 09:00 - 30 Jun 20:00 - Seoul
➧ More info
안녕하세요 YP 여러분!
2018 차세대 과학 기술 리더 포럼 (Young Professional Forum) 이 올 6월 서울에서 열립니다.
YG Committee of the AKCSE is pleased to announce the Call for Applications for 2018 Young Professional Forum (YPF) to be held June 26-30, 2018 in Seoul, S. Korea.
Each year, the YG Forum program, hosted by The Korea Federation of Science and Technology Societies (KOFST, 한국과학기술단체 총연합회), brings young Korean heritage students/researchers from all over the world.
80 young generation participants (including 30 from Korea) will have a valuable opportunity to meet together, share their experience/knowledge, and create a world-wide network.
□ 목적 :
◦ 국내외 차세대 과기인재의 역량 강화 · 육성을 위한 상호교류의 장을 마련
◦ 글로벌 리더로 성장시키기 위한 교육 및 네트워킹의 장 마련
◦ 모국 과학기술 발전의 현주소를 확인하고 학술교류를 통하여 자부심과 민족 유대감을 고취
□ 기간 : 2018. 6. 26(화) ~ 30(토)
□ 장소 : 서울
□ 주최 : 한국과학기술단체총연합회
□ 참가자격 및 대상 :
◦ 참가자격 : 영어·한국어로 의사소통이 가능한 1983.1.1 이후 출생 이공계 전공 대학원생 및 박사후 연구원(post-doc)
* 박사후 연구원(post-doc)의 경우, 박사학위 취득 후 5년 이내로 한함
◦ 참가대상 : 80명 내외
- 해외 참가자 : 40명(유학생을 제외한 시민권 및 영주권을 소지한 1.5 세대 이후 해외동포 청년 과학기술인)
- 국내 참가자 : 40명(국내 주요 대학)
□ 지원내역 :
◦ 해외 참가자 : 왕복항공료 일부 및 4박 5일간의 숙식비 일체
◦ 국내 참가자 : 4박 5일간의 숙식비 일체
□ 상세 일정 : (아래 링크를 참고하시기 바랍니다.)
□ Application Deadline: March. 26, 2018 !!!
This year, AKCSE will send approx. 4 delegates from Canada to YG Forum.
All travel/local expenses (including airfare*, accommodation – 4 nights, and meals) will be covered by KOFST.
*Airfare will be reimbursed up to USD $1700 (East), USD $1400 (Central), USD $1100 (West) or actual fare, whichever is less.
AKCSE will submit the selected applicants and the final approval will be done by KOFST.
Moreover, the selected participants will need to fill the additional forms at www.ultari.org
Below is the application information.
When you submit the application, you are acknowledging that you will participate in all YG Forum activities between the specified dates.
Call for Applications for 2018 YPF
1. Eligibility Requirements
The applicant must meet ALL requirements below
- 1.5 or 2nd generation Korean-Canadian [born in Canada or have attended schools in Canada at least for 6 years
- Canadian citizen or Permanent resident
- Born after 1983.1.1
- Either graduate student or post-doc Status at the Time of YPF. For post-doctoral fellow, within 5 years of PhD degree.
- Major in Science and Engineering (including medical, medicine, and nursing)
- Ability to communicate effectively in English and Korean
- Must NOT have attended previous YG Forums
- Min. GPA should be at least 75% (cumulative) or 3 out of 4.
- Under privileged category will be evaluated separately.
2. Application Deadline: March 26, 2018 (Application package should be submitted electronically by this date)
3. How to Apply
a) Application documents
- Application form: www.dropbox.com/s/s16e9o544hhubcf/2018%20YPF%20application%20form%20final.doc?dl=0
- Scanned copy of Canadian Passport or Permanent Resident Card as proof
- Most recent transcript (Important Note: The applicant should convert GPA in his/her transcript to % and this GPA in % should be given in the application form).
- The applicant should arrange one recommendation letter (AKCSE Chapter president, or Graduate supervisor).
b) Submit the application documents (highly recommend to consolidate all materials into one PDF file) to email@example.com).
Please put the following in the subject line: “[YPF 2018] Application from XXXX University – Name”.
AKCSE YG Committee will not accept any incomplete or delayed applications.
c) Finalist Nomination from AKCSE to KOFST on March 30 or earlier.
d) Final Notification from KOFST: TBA